After purchasing this long-standing and exceptional company in 2016, we knew we had a lot of ground to cover in 2017 to position ourselves among the technology leaders in our sector.
I am pleased to report that our strategic investments are already having an impact. Most significantly, we have reorganized the company to allow maximum focus on our three value streams.
- Promac Equipment – Our innovative brushcutters and brushmulchers get the job done quickly and safely in all terrains.
- Promac Sawmill – We can design, fabricate and repair sawmill machinery with precision, accuracy and minimum lead time.
- Promac Engineering – We offer well-designed solutions from concept to engineering and fabrication for most industries or application.
We recently completed a total rebrand to better reflect our distinct advantages, including a clean, dynamic new website.
Other changes include bolstering our safety culture with the goal of Occupational Safety Standard of Excellence certification in 2018, and adopting a Lean Manufacturing approach to minimize waste while increasing productivity and quality.
On the equipment side of our operations, we have developed and launched of a new line of high-performance excavator mounted mulchers, and invested in industry-leading technology such as portable 3D scanning that is integrated with our design workflow. Our newest piece of equipment is the LDM line of horizontal mulchers, intended for excavators less than 20 tons, rubber tired excavators and Gradall equipment. Features include:
- Robust yet light weight frame design available in three cutting widths – 30”, 40” and 50″
- High speed Chip Production Rotor (CPR) that incorporates field sharpen-able tooling
- Available hydraulic rear door for mulch and discharge control
Our sawmill customers may have already heard the exciting news that Rockwell Industries Ltd. has joined the Promac Group. This Rockwell acquisition bolsters our ability to design and manufacture custom machinery solutions, and keeps us firmly in the lead as the top sawmill parts manufacturer for parts such as edger arbors, sleeves, guides and knurled rolls.
We have also made investments this year in our engineering department to make sure our experienced engineers, machinists and fabricators have access to the very latest technologies and tools. Innovations such as 3D scanning are enhancing our capacity to design, build and improve almost any machinery and parts that our customers require.
All this to say that we’ve had a busy year, and are super energized to carry on the work of implementing our strategic vision and plan in 2018. We are grateful for your business and support, and we look forward to serving you in the New Year.
– Gary Powers, President
Take a look at Promac Householder – a review of Promac’s history, present and future in 2018 and beyond.